Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Weezer

Weezer was my gateway drug. I must have been 13 or so when I first got into them. I loved the movie Mallrats and Weezer had the closing song on the movie. Great song, "Susanne", still one of my favorites. But it made me wonder, is this the same band that did that "Buddy Holly" song (you have to remember, this is when I first started getting into the internet, so that was seven years ago). I did a little reseach and I downloaded a bunch of songs. But one really stood out....

I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams

This song featured Rachel Haden singing and I instantly fell in love with her voice. It may be a bit high pitched for some, but something about her voice made me swoon. And that's where everythign started. This song got me interested in that dog., which was her band with her sister Petra, Anna Waronker and Tony Maxwell. that dog. was such a great band, mixing new wave, grrl rock and power & chamber pop. that dog. got me into New Wave, Power Pop and Indie music. Hence, where we are now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home