Thursday, February 23, 2006

New Dresden Dolls Tracks!

I was at my favorite local record store (Gem City Records, downtown Dayton, OH) and I was talking with my friend Dan (drummer for the lovely band Shrug. who will get a post someday soon), when I saw in the background a Dresden Dolls CD of some sort. I ask, "What's this? New songs?"


So Dan just gave me one, for he is a sweet man. And this CD.....very sweet. It has one of my favorite songs of all time, one I posted in my earlier in DD post....somewhere in the January archive. "Backstabber" is one those tracks....well, the lyrics aren't subtle, but that's okay. Cause they just so damn funny and angry and you can't help but not love them.

But this new song, the one I hadn't heard...."Dirty Business"....man, I'd hate to be any of the people in this song. With lyrics like, "She's the kind of girl who leaves out condoms on the bedroom dresser, just to make you jealous of the men she fucked before you met her." My god, only Amanda Palmer could write shit like that, but wow, is it good. Check these tracks out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home