Thursday, March 02, 2006

Last Days Of April

What the hell is it with women today?

You ask a girl on a date, they say yes. You ask them early, without knowing them really really well, but well enough to ask them. Then the day of the date, they cancel. It's for a valid reason I guess, so you accept, move on and try to plan another one. But then, they don't return calls, don't return emails. So you think..."Well, what the fuck is this about?" But then you talk to them again, and it seems like they want to go out, but don't either.

I really just can't figure women out. I've tried to date younger and that blows up in my face each time. I tried to date older, and....well, same thing. The only lasting relationship I really had with someone was someone very close to my age. And of course.....blew up in my face at the end. But I guess that's almost every relationship, for why would they end if they don't blow up somehow?

Sorry folks, this is a return to my Diaryland days, which you can find here. It's very infantile, but it was my life for a few years. Back to music, but these types of things might pop up from time to time, this is my site and all.

Arrrrrgh.....Last Days Of April is one of those very cool pop treats. Apparently, they were one of Sweden's top hardcore bands, but then they turned a corner of sorts. They started creating these sweet, atmospheric pop and rock songs. I really don't have any recollection on how I found this band, be it either Tommy Cooper (formerly of The Motel Beds) or some blog or website, I'm glad I found these files again. It's been so long since I listened to them.

They have five tracks up on their site, but I think the two standouts are defintely:

The Days I Recall Being Wonderful - This songs has a continuous guitar sound loop from begining to end, and it gives it this otherworldly quality to it. Worth trying out.

Will The Violins Be Playing? - This has got a....I don't remember what this song reminds me of, but it's chorus is one of my favorites: "It's not you, it's all me! As if me taking all the blame would make you feel much better now." Those lines just get to me. Such intensity crafted right on to such a good hook.

Check out more at their official site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home