Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Visit Me In Cleveland!

This coming Tuesday, I will be at The Grog Shop in Clevelnad, OH for We Are Scientists. This will be my fifth time seeing them and you'll definitely notice me from most likely a blue Bishop Allen t-shirt and a camera in my hands. Please, if you are into this band, come say "Hello" cause I always love meeting new WAS fans. It's weird, this past July, they were playing in Columbus at this hole in the wall called Bernie's Distillery. Then, months later, they were playing blocks away at one of the biggest venues there, Newport Music Hall. How this band has climbed....I still like Bernie's better, they had so much ENERGY there.

Also, a girl in one of my classes made me this mix CD with a couple terrific tracks on them, which I'll post more of later. But one really caught my attention....my pop sensibilities. It's a band called Even In Blackouts. They're an acoustic punk band formed by former Screaching Weasel John "Jughead" Pierson. They have three acoustic guitars, an acoustic bass and a full drum kit. They're lead by Liz Eldredge, who has really sugary sweet vocals, which are a weakness of mine. The band themselves remind me of Pain, who did the song "Jabberjaw", which Cartoon Network played all the time back in the late 90's. But here's the song:

Class Of 84

You can check out the band here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home