Sunday, January 29, 2006

Confusion Abound!

Sorry folks, after starting this thing, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Until I've got more pictures loaded up, I felt weird about posting. But I have more photos! Whoo-hooo!

But first, I must finally admit something. I think that me, Bubba Da Cat, should be on a TV show. Which TV show you ask (even though I know no one reads this)? That would be #1 Single! Yes, I must date Lisa Loeb!


After watching her show a couple of times, I feel she is the most perfect girl for me. She's short with my favorite body type, which is not pencil thin, but something to hold on to. She's got glasses, which are always the cutest things in the world on a short girl. She's a musician, which just melts my heart, for she's got a great voice. And she's Jewish.....and for some reason, I have a thing for Jewish girls, yet have never dated one. Of course, she's now stated in the most recent episode she wants to date a Jewish man, but I swear, even though I'm atheist, I can convert! I can be anything you want me to be Lisa, ANYTHING!!!!!

Back to our regularly scheduled boring post:

I shot two shows recently, one for We Are Scientists and one for Manda & The Marbles. I'll talk about the WAS show and trip at a later date, for I haven't gotten the pictures or video ready. But MATM, I have stuff for that.

If you've never heard Manda & The Marbles (who shall be known as MATM now), you're missing out. In the previous post, I said I love female fronted power-pop bands, and MATM is one of the best I've ever heard. Combine The Go-Gos, The Ramones and maybe a splash of Liz Phair for good measure, and you have MATM. And the sad thing was, the first time I saw them, I was completely underwhelmed. They were on a huge bill with Steriogram, The Killers, Stellastarr*, The Thrills and Phantom Planet. I just don't think they fit on a real huge stage, like the one at ProWest in Columbus. But I've seen them twice since and they fufilled my theory on them playing better in a small club. Both times were at Skully's, a great small-medium sized club in downtown Columbus. This last time, I wasn't going to be able to make it in, cause the show was 21+....and I'm sadly, still 20 (turn 21 June 19th baby, oh yeah).

Anywho, I made my plea to the message board of MATM and Mark Slak, drummer extrordinaire, emailed me. I had said I would take photos for them, free of charge, if they could help me. Mark gladly took up that offer. I'll have more tomorrow, but until then, here are a few pics:



More tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home