Saturday, April 08, 2006

Weeeeeird....

I was trolling Gorilla Vs. Bear, trying to see if maybe I could find some cool music when I came apon a photo and a name I found familiar.....Jencey.

Now, at first, I thought it couldn't be the same person. Then I looked for a better picture. And then I saw where they were from and I knew it to be the same person. Jencey, keyboardist/vocalist for Smile Smile is the same Jencey that used to play for The Currents. I made a post about The Currents a while back, but I'll repost the songs because I posted them when I was using sendfile.com and they do suck pretty bad.

Surf's Up
You're The One
I'm Not Crazy
I Believe In The Radio

If there's more demand for songs, I will post more. I have a whole album that went unreleased and a ton of demos. The Currents (mainly Chriss Voss) ran a great web board. As you posted more on it, you'd get points to download demos that he and the band had made. It created a pretty cool community. And the whole band posted (including Jencey) there, so you could get input from anyone. Anywho, I downloaded the few Smile Smile songs that are out there and they're so damn good. I definitely give props to Jencey to moving on to another great band. But I so miss The Currents. They were a band I could have seen going somewhere. *Sigh*

EDIT!

I just found Chris Voss' new band! Handclaps & Harmonies is a very 60's Beatlish style power pop band. Definitely check them out. Especially "Be With You"...I wish it was downloadable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home