Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Better Off Being Someone Else


Like many of my favoritest (yes, I use favoritest) femaled fronted power-pop bands, they were broken up long before I got into them. Sixty Stories, that dog., Tuscadero are just a few of them, and we've come to another one: Co-Ed.

I believe it was my first year at Warped Tour, stuck in the beautiful city of Milwaulkee, that I heard Co-Ed. Waiting for Saving Face to take the stage (the main reason I was up there), I checked a lot of the booths they have. If you've never been to Warped Tour, go check out the cheapie tents that have really cheap compilations. Most tracks will suck, but you will find a nugget or two of gold. I did at least. On one those compilations, I found a track called "Eeyore" and the name alone struck me. A Winnie The Pooh reference? On a punk pop compilation? Weird. But the song stuck with me.

After returning home, I did some research and found the band defunct. Only sticking around for four years, the band put out a great split album with Pollen and a pretty decent full length album, 00's Somtimes Always Maybe Never. But of course, the band called it quits four years to the day of their first show. At least they were punctual. But they did some great punky power pop songs, stuff that you know is my bread and butter. I figured I'd share a few with ya:

Going Going Gone
Maybe
Eeyore

P.S. If anyone knows what really became of Kathy Cagigas, the lead singer, let me know. All I know is she did like two duets with some different bands and I'd love to hear if she's done anything more in the music industry. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home