Thursday, July 13, 2006

Irritating Stuff!!!...Nicole Ritchie As Braniac...

I just found out today that all three pieces of art that I entered into the Ohio State Fair didn't get in. What a fucking waste of time and money. I probably spent close to a $100 all together for mats, frames, entree fees and gas to get these pieces in, and to not get one in pisses me off. And that my professor said I''m almost guarenteed to get one in is just the icing on the cake. Errrrr.....

Well, because episode 4 is now out, I have to totally pimp out my man Dougie From The Block's online radio show Food Is Not Love. I've known Doug now for a good amount of years, way back when I did my own Diaryland site. Located here, FINL is really a precursor to an upcoming big time show down in Atlanta. Anywho, Doug is really one of the best bloggers not many people knew about....that is, until this year.

Doug has been in tons of bands over the years, including a really good one called {Public Domain} that I loved. He also does little songs that turn out to be big and great things. My favorite, his cover of Jay Z's "99 Problems" is a perfect cover. Not unlike Pink Nasty's cover of "Burn", this recording is still one I slip onto mix CDs and always play for people. Gotta support my kinda, sorta, maybe friends.

But the one song that got him the most play, the most press, the most notoriety...."Wigga Please". Meant to a joke just for his cousin, this very very.....let's just keep saying very white rap song is easily one of the funniest things I've heard in....forever at least. This song got Doug press all over nation, becoming a very big song on the morning rush hour radio shows. I felt proud to have known him.....*snicker*.

I just wanted to give Dougie a shout out for his supreme coolness. Check out Food Is Not Love and his lovely songs that he produces. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home